I’m confused about how to represent myself in biogame.
I think I’ll have to meditate on who I was when I started this journey into the games industry.
I think I’ll use the little moniker that I use now for twitter, and I used then for my character in Final Fantasy XI. That experience was very formative and important to me.
Here are my goals with this project
- explore my personal experience with the games industry
- explore my desires for who I want to be, and who I want to be with
- explore rejection define that that means to me
- figure and sort out my recent thoughts and feelings on life
- experiment with a certain art style — I have one in mind from a canceled Sega game I was working on.
- imagine my dream lady
- imagine my dreamworld self and personality
overall this is a pretty personal thing, and you should not expect to hear a lot about this. It could even be cancelled next week! Who knows!
I want to put things like this on Desura, Itch.io, Ouya and PlayStation Mobile. Those are all really low-key plartorms that I won’t feel stressed out about.
I have some concepts, but I’m having a hard time designing the character that is supposed to be me. I’m not sure I want to do it. I have no interest in doing that. That probably means I should do it, because that apathy towards myself is a little unsettling, right?
'Till next time ~
This interview with the writer of Child of Light is really lovely.
Trailer for NAVE Arcade
Ubisoft is releasing an RPG game in 2014 called Child of Light, featuring a female protagonist. Like most games with female protagonists, it’s getting almost NO marketing and therefore no hype! Check it out, share it around. It looks really cute and I think we ALL want more video games with female protagonists to succeed!
Things you should know about Child of Light, other than the above:
- It is coming out on April 30th for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in the US.
- It is coming out for Steam/Uplay outside the US
- It is $14.99
- For a whole RPG
- Everyone has different budgets and this is pretty affordable for many people who game
- If you can spare the cash it is on like every platform
- April 30th! Preorder or save the date.
I’d also like to add that the soundtrack and art direction alone both look fantastic! Even if you don’t want or can’t have the game, please reblog this so fellow artists and musicians alike can see it!
Gomba, a new tool for prototyping 3DS games ⊟
Super smart DS/3DS dev Hugo Smits just revealed Gomba, a new 3DS game prototyping thingy based on his own development environment.
Gomba is a rapid prototype game creation tool for Nintendo 3DS. It offers a game engine, level editor, simulator and C-like scripting language and debugger. It’s super easy in use. Non-programmers can probably create a simple game in just a hour. While advanced programmers can go nuts with the C-like script.
You can drag-and-drop to make simple tile-based games, and then run them in a 3DS emulator – or, if you happen to have a 3DS debug unit, on the device itself.
This is so cool! I’m kinda freaking out, actually: a simple way to learn how to do game stuff, to 3DS specifications, is pretty much exactly what I want in my life. It’ll be Windows at first (not what I want in my life, sadly) but Smits plans to port it to Flash for browser-based use.
BUY Nintendo 2DS & 3DS/XL, upcoming games
Art by Joël Jurion
Book cover to “Worlds of Hayao Miyazaki & Yasuo Otsuka”. Includes “To My Sister” Miyazaki short story. Characters on the front include Maki Oyamada, Daisuke Jigen and Arsène Lupin III.